- Windows-(8) 2 inch single window blocks, (8) 4 inch single window blocks, (8) double window blocks, (6) triple window blocks, (2) 4-hole window blocks, (1) 5 hole window block
- Window blocks are 3/4 inch thick and 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Large Windows-(4) 2 inch large window blocks, (4) 4 inch large window blocks, (2) 10 inch large window blocks
- Columns-(16) 4 inch columns, (16) 6 inch columns, (12) 8 inch columns, (2) 10 inch columns, (1) 12 inch column
- Window blocks are 3/4 inch thick and 1 1/2 inch wide, Columns are 7/8 inch in diameter
This set was put together because of popular demand. Whenever we have attended local events, and the kids actually get to try out the wooden building block sets, these are the wooden blocks that they play with the most. So many people, kids and parents alike, have told us that we should make a set of only our windows and column blocks.So we listened to our customers, and now bring you two choices-our “Whimsical Windows” wooden block set, and the “Whimsical Windows Large” block set.
Our basic “whimsical windows”is made up of all of our regular windows and columns found in our classic wooden block sets, but this set adds more. We’ve added a new version of the window block made from our larger dimension blocks. The largest of these blocks is 10 inches long and has holes in both sides of the wood so you can add the columns in two different directions. This block makes a great base and starting place for some crazy constructions! We also have the larger dimension windows in 2″ and 4″ lengths. Also included are longer window blocks with more holes that come in no other set. These are new, unique wooden building blocks not found anywhere else!
What can you do with all these crazy pieces of wood? Using one of the new larger windows make a base. In the center of the base place the new longer 12″ column for a center post. Onto this post slide different window blocks at different levels and angles. Then build onto those windows. You can go in all kinds of directions. Maybe make your construction a spiral. See if you can bring the structure back together at the top.Let your imagination run wild! What could it be-a robot, a spaceship, a tree?
Check out our photos for ideas, we wish we could add more photos for you to see. Our whimsical windows sets are not meant to replace the classic children’s wooden building block sets. They are just a new and innovative way to play with a good old fashioned toy. They would be an awesome addition to any building block set and multiply the functionality many times. They are also fun just by themselves, not just fun but “whimsical!”.